June 27, 2008

I'm Back (Here Come The Rome Plows)

Get it.

Good.

Well, I've decided to blog again. Some of my friends have asked why I haven't blogged in a while. I was on a bit of a roll, if you can call it that, back in the wintry months of 2008. I found blogging to be a beautifully exciting creative outlet. And for that last sentence I just wrote, I expect five hard punches to the gut.

But I've become too complacent in everything I want to do. Writing, music, working, thinking. I've taken to the path of drinking and watching television and thought that was okay because I was tired of the daily crap. It's only gonna get harder, much harder, and I have to realize that. Being tired is a bunch of bullshit. When you're tired, you need to kick your own ass into gear and do something. Write a poem, listen to a cd you've forgotten about that you used to love, paint a living room, read a book you've always wanted to, watch that 3 hour movie you promised a friend or professor you'd take in. Godammit, that stuff does wonders.

The biggest sickness I've had over the past couple months is complacency. It's so easy to throw all your creativity and imagination to the dogs in favor of sleeping or listening or watching or yesing someone to death. Why not do something about it?

Well, I've been unemployed for two weeks, now that the substitute teaching job has ended for the summer. I've been taking in more movies and started reading more books. My band, Atlas at Least, is looking to play shows and release our album by mid-August. Things are looking up. Call it an early summer's blooming but I'm feeling better. So here we go. Let's blog about the bullshit that seemed so unimportant so long ago. Let's take it from here. Send me some shit I can write about and I'll write about it. Tell me you're happy to hear me ramble on again.

If not, I'll keep rambling on anyway. Thank you very much.

No comments: